Deputy Principal (Secondary)
• Aspirational and progressive education environment
• Key educational leadership role
• Permanent, full-time role in Melbourne
With eight campuses across Victoria and a student population of approximately 600 students, Glenvale School is a Year 3-12 independent school delivering the Australian curriculum within a progressive culture. With an innovative approach to education that prides itself on having excellent facilities, motivated students and a very supportive community behind it, the school’s vision of personalised learning for all students ensures that they are able to maximise their full learning potential by offering small class sizes within a well-resourced and collegial team environment.
Reporting to the Regional (Executive) Principal and working alongside the Director of Studies and the Director of Primary, the Deputy Principal (Secondary) is a key member of the Educational Leadership Team providing operational, educational and academic leadership across Glenvale’s eight campuses. Based at our central administration office in Broadmeadows, the role will involve hands-on leadership of the secondary school, and will include:
• Strategic and operational direction and management of the school on a daily basis • Oversight of daily operations, which are coordinated at each campus • Operational management of all school events and programs • Approval for excursions and curriculum programs together with the Director of Studies and the Director of Primary • Timetable development and coordination • Deputising for the Regional Principal when required
• Regular travel to each of Glenvale’s eight campuses
We are seeking a motivated educational leader who excited by the prospect of joining a global school network at the cutting edge of educational research, pedagogy and teaching. This is an exciting opportunity for educational leaders dedicated to providing strategic and operational leadership in an innovative and modern learning environment.
For further information, please contact Iain Longden on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, 2 March 2018
Glenvale is affiliated to OneSchool - 22 privately registered schools with 175 campuses across 21 countries. With 37 campuses across Australia, OneSchool provides support and promotes cooperation and coordination between affiliated schools in their commitment to providing global standards in a progressive education environment.